Tomato, Peach & Mozzarella Skewers
Photos & Recipe courtesy of : CCFM / Raw Inspiration
Peaches! Peaches! Peaches!
I know it’s officially summertime when I go to the farmers markets and I see all the gorgeous STONE FRUIT!!!
This is a definite “Go-To” summer recipe I make whenever I am entertaining guests.
It takes about 15-20 minutes to make, no need to turn on your oven or stove, and tastes INCREDIBLE- what more could you want?!
I love the different varieties of peaches at the markets too, there are yellow peaches, white peaches, Saturn or Donut peaches. I grow Donut peaches in my backyard so this recipe is a summertime staple as an appetizer.
You can even switch it up and use plums or nectarines!
Be prepared—they WILL go FAST!
- 1 ripe organic yellow peach (or any other kind of peach you’d prefer), cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 organic heirloom tomato, cut into bite sized chunks
- ½ bundle fresh, organic basil
- ½ organic lemon, finely zested
- 1 8oz. container bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Wash all of the ingredients thoroughly, and cut the tomato and peach into bite sized chunks.
- Lay out all of the ingredients on a cutting board. Take a toothpick and start to skewer – one mozzarella ball, one basil leaf, one piece of tomato, one piece of peach. Repeat until everything is gone.
- Pick out a nice serving tray, and arrange delicately.
- Next sprinkle the finely zested lemon, salt and pepper over the top. You can also add a drizzle of quality olive oil or even a lemon infused olive oil would be delicious!