Rainbow Garden Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Photos & Recipe courtesy of : CCFM / Raw Inspiration
This salad is the perfect summer salad. No stovetop, no cooking, no heat. This summer I am going to focus on a lot of recipes that require zero to minimal actual stove top or oven cooking. Who wants to slave over a hot stove in 90 degree summer heat? Not me! Plus, eating more raw fruits and vegetables does wonders for your body – inside and out. This recipe is great because I purchased about 95% of the ingredients from the farmers markets! The rainbow of colors means a plethora of nutrient dense vitamins and minerals! From start to finish, it takes about 15 – 20 minutes. Super easy & clean eating = yes please! Let’s get started.
Rainbow Garden Salad:
- organic romaine lettuce, for however many salads/people you’re making it for
- 1 small organic beet, shredded or processed in a food processor
- ½ organic carrot, shredded or processed in a food processor
- 1 small organic avocado, sliced
- 1 small handful of raw/organic pumpkin seeds
- ¼ organic cucumber, sliced
- 1 organic heirloom tomato, cut into bite sized pieces
Honey Mustard Lime Dressing:
- ¼ cup of organic stone ground mustard
- 2-3 tbsp. raw local, organic, sustainably harvested honey
- 2-3 organic fresh limes, juice only
- pinch of organic pink Himalayan salt
- Wash and prep your veggies. Shred the carrot and beet, set aside.
- Cut up the remaining vegetables.
- Stir the dressing ingredients together in a glass jar (or shake). Once the dressing is made, set aside.
- Assemble your salad starting with the romaine first. Layer each vegetable on top of salad. Finish with drizzling the dressing on top. Store the dressing in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Here is the list of the farmers and vendors I purchased these beautiful products from at our farmers markets! Look for them while you visit our markets!
- Organic Romaine Lettuce – Frecker Farms (Organic Farmer)
- Beets – Frecker Farms (Organic Farmer)
- Carrots – Givens Farms (Organic Farmer)
- Avocados – Ace Ranch (Organic Farmer)
- Pumpkin Seeds – Vision Sprouts (Organic Farmer)
- Cucumber – California Sunrise
- Heirloom Tomatoes – Berumen Farms
- Limes – Pedros (Organic Farmer)