Summer Spring Rolls with Mango, Mint & Avocado
Photos & Recipe courtesy of : CCFM / Raw Inspiration
These summer rolls hit the spot when you’re craving something flavorful and crunchy! They are healthy and light-perfect for a summer dinner appetizer (or even paired with a side of Asian chicken). I love whipping these up for an Asian focused dinner at my farmhouse. You pair them with jasmine rice, maybe some spicy marinated chicken or even steamed edamame! Eat the rainbow is these little beauts in a nutshell! Let’s get rolling!
- 1 pack organic rice paper wraps (round or square)
- 1 organic mango, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 organic avocado, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 organic bell pepper, thinly sliced (I used red)
- 1 organic cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch organic mint, whole leaves
- 1 bunch organic green onions, cut in half horizontally
- Slice the vegetables/fruit according to the recipe.
- Dip the rice paper wraps into a bowl of warm water. Remove from the water and let it setup for a few seconds (this allows the rice paper to become more pliable to wrap).
- Now start to layer the vegetables and herbs onto the wrap. I usually start with the mint leaves first so the vegetables flatten them out on top. Fold the bottom over the filling.Fold in each side, and roll the wrap until it’s closed.
- Be very careful when folding because you want it tight but they can rip easily.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with a healthy peanut sauce or your favorite dressing/dipping sauce.
- Tip– these rolls usually only last about 5 or so hours in the fridge because of the delicate rice paper. They will start to dry out and harden so enjoy as soon as possible.
For a list of the farmers who I purchased these beautiful products from; see below (and go check them out at our farmers markets soon!)
- Avocados–Ace Ranch (Organic Farmer)
- Bell Peppers–Pedro/Gerwig Ranch
- Cucumber–California Sunrise
- Mint–Reyes Ranch
- Green Onions–Frecker Farms (Organic Farmer)
- Limes–Pedro/Gerwig Ranch