Farmhouse Holiday Stuffing
Photos courtesy of : SallysBakingAddiction.com
Recipe courtesy of : Jen’s Farmhouse Kitchen – family recipe.
Thanksgiving stuffing is my favorite of all sides! My mother’s recipe is the ultimate! This year I will be recreating it, but adding a slight twist. Sweet and savory dried cranberries will add the perfect bite and little surprise. The secret to this amazing dish is the seasoned Mrs. Cubbison’s bread cubes! YUM!
- 2 lbs. Jimmy Dean regular pork sausage
- 3 large organic onions
- 1 large organic bunch celery
- 1 small organic poultry seasoning
- Lawry’s seasoned salt
- Regular DASH seasoning
- 3 large boxes Seasoned Mrs. Cubbison’s bread cubes
- 2 organic, free range eggs
- 1 package organic grass fed butter
- 4-5 small cartons free range, organic chicken stock/broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup organic dried cranberries (you can add more or less if you’d like)
- Cook sausage until browned and cooked through, drain fat- set aside
- Keep adding Lawry’s seasoned salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and regular Dash throughout the cooking process.
- Add one entire small poultry seasoning bottle throughout cooking.
- Cook 3 diced onions for short period of time, until just translucent. Add diced celery plus leaves in butter (cook only until crisp, not soggy)
- Mix the two eggs anytime now with one carton of chicken stock, plus a little water, plus a “lot” of butter. Melted on stove.
- Mix this into your cooked celery and onions – mix slowly- adding broth and water.
- Start pouring in the dressing crumbs to the sausage, celery and onion mixture. It should be moist not soggy. Add the dried cranberries and incorporate.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray, and cover with foil
- Cook in a 350 degree preheated oven until desired doneness, about 45-60 minutes.