We are so happy to offer this Farmer Feature with All Green Farm. They have been with us for many years, and we consider All Green Farm a true part of our family. If you already know All Green Farm, you know the warmth, and kindness you are greeted with on any Sunday, at your farmers market, like Westlake Village.
Introductions always include a special sample of their warm, rich, and slightly sweet Jujube Tea. The aroma is delicious and comforting and the taste is unique and delectable. Once you’ve tasted this heavenly, medicinal brew one generally asks how it’s made, and they will happily show you a pre-packed bag of everything you need along with some directions to take home.
Every time I make this special tea, I think of this lovely family, their farm, and these beautiful jujubes days of drying in the sun. I love giving this tea to my family and friends and telling them the story of how I met All Green Farm and learned of their family recipe. We hope you enjoy reading more about All Green Farm through the lens of Tae Park, Kevin Chong’s nephew.
“My uncle Kevin Chong is the owner of All Green Farm.
After his retirement, he started planting fruits and veggies. He wanted to have a small farm, and it started as a hobby for him. So every year, he planted fruit trees little by little and raised farm animals.
Later, trees grew bigger than he expected and the quantity was massive.
So, we thought about selling at the Farmers Market.
Jujube was our specialty at the market. “I saw a few farmers with fresh jujube, but did not carry dried jujube.”
Soon it became our specialty…
Jujube is an Asian date that tastes like an apple when it’s fresh, it’s a less sweet version of Medjool dates when it’s dried (unique flavor), all of our jujubes are sun-dried, for 2 months. No sulfur, nothing added. Dried as a whole, jujube tea ingredients to make tea.
- About 1-pound of dried jujube fruit -Ratio is 1 lb. dried jujube to 1 and 1/2 gallons of water. Maintain 1-gallon since they evaporate.
- 1/4 lb of ginger root as a whole, peeled
- 1 large Asian pear sliced into quarters, peeled and cored
- Cinnamon bark (2-4 pieces)
- Bring it to boiling point and lower the fire and simmer for 2-3 hrs., the longer simmer it becomes sweeter. Also can be done in a crockpot. When it’s finished you can strain it and go for round two. It lasts 2-weeks in the refrigerator and may serve cold or hot for health benefits, I recommend serving it hot.*Known for insomnia and blood circulation. Currently at Westlake Farmers Market, Channel Islands Harbor Farmers Market, and Sherman Oaks Farmers Market. All of these markets are awesome and we love the Farmers Market!”
If you would like to read further on jujubes we found these details as a helpful place to start:
A Review of Dietary Ziziphus jujuba Fruit (Jujube): Developing Health Food Supplements for Brain Protection
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. © Copyright Raw Inspiration. All Rights Reserved.