Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Hooray for Pizza done the Farmers Market way!
Homemade Cauliflower Crusts are notoriously tricky, but this delicious version from Slenderberry.com is my new go-to!
It’s perfectly simple & so easy to make your own for whatever pizza toppings you love.
Stop by the Farmers Markets this week to shop for all your pizza ingredients!
- 2 ½ cups Cauliflower florets
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Goat Cheese
- 2 tbsp your favorite Marinara Sauce
- ½ cup low fat Mozzarella
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes – sliced in half
- ¼ cup Red Onion – sliced thin
- ¼ cup Basil – julienned
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Add cauliflower to food processor & pulse until you have a fine rice consistency.
- Boil the cauliflower rice for 5 minutes then strain the liquid from the rice
- Place the strained cauliflower rice to a clean tea towel & squeeze the excess water from the rice.
- Add cauliflower rice, egg, oregano & goat cheese toa mixing bowl & stir to combine
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & place the ‘dough’ in the middle. Flatten out the dough to form a pizza base. Bake for 20 minutes
- Top the crust with marinara sauce, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes & red onion
- Season with salt & bake for another 8 minutes.
- Top with basil & serve
Photos courtesy of : Slenderberry.com & Fotolia.com
Recipe courtesy of : Slenderberry.com