These lovely, fluffy, pancakes give your normal pancakes a tangy, sweet twist that is delicious enough to delight the whole family! Cara Cara oranges are our favorite to use, but we’re sure you could test plenty of fresh citrus to see what your family loves best! Share with us your discoveries!
3/4 cup fresh juiced organic orange juice
2 T. organic orange zest (finely grated)
3/4 c. buttermilk
3 large organic pasture raised eggs
2 cups organic all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. granulated sugar
5 T. melted organic butter
Avocado oil spray (for the skillet or griddle, or as needed)
- Quick Tip: If you plan to keep batches warm until they are all made, heat the oven to 200 F.
- In a bowl, whisk the orange juice with the orange zest, buttermilk, and eggs until smooth.
- In another bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and sugar. Stir into the first mixture, blending well. Add the melted butter and stir until smooth.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add the oil to the hot skillet. When the oil is hot, pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan for each pancake.
- When bubbles begin to appear over the top of the pancakes and the edges begin to look dry, flip them and brown the other side lightly.
- Adjust the heat under the pan, as necessary.
- Remove the pancakes to a plate and keep warm in the preheated 200 F oven or a warming drawer.
We love to top our pancakes with a variety of fresh farmers market fruits! What will you top yours with?DOWNLOAD RECIPE
Recipe Credit: The Spruce Eats, Dianna Rattray.